More From Abraham Joshua Heschel
- "A religious man is a person who holds God and man in one thought at one time, at all times, who suffers harm done to others, whose greatest passion is compassion, whose greatest strength is love and defiance of despair."
- "Wonder rather than doubt is the root of all knowledge."
- "Man’s sin is in his failure to live what he is. Being the master of the earth, man forgets that he is the servant of God."
More In Respect
- "Like Christ said, love thee one another. I learned to do that, and I learned to respect and be appreciative and thankful for what I had."― James Brown
- "Take pride in your work at all times. Remember, respect for an umpire is created off the field as well as on."― Ford Frick
- "I’ve always had great respect for Paddington because he is amusingly English and eccentric. He is a great British institution and my generation grew up with the books and then Michael Horden’s animations."― Stephen Fry