More From Abdul Kalam
- "I was willing to accept what I couldn’t change."
- "As a child of God, I am greater than anything that can happen to me."
- "Tell me, why is the media here so negative? Why are we in India so embarrassed to recognise our own strengths, our achievements? We are such a great nation. We have so many amazing success stories but we refuse to acknowledge them. Why?"
More In Respect
- "With respect to the respective French and German traditions you are no doubt correct, although I am reluctant to see individual achievement reduced to archetypes."― Brian Ferneyhough
- "You can never be comfortable with your success, you’ve got to be paranoid you’re going to lose it."― Lou Gerstner
- "It is always a disappointment to turn from forthright consideration of some subject – whether from the Left or the Right, a poet or a plumber – to the Beltway version, in which the only aspects of the issue that matter are the effects it will have on the fortunes of the two parties and the various men in power."― Thomas Frank