More From Abdul Kalam
- "Do we not realize that self respect comes with self reliance?"
- "Tell me, why is the media here so negative? Why are we in India so embarrassed to recognise our own strengths, our achievements? We are such a great nation. We have so many amazing success stories but we refuse to acknowledge them. Why?"
- "Climbing to the top demands strength, whether it is to the top of Mount Everest or to the top of your career."
More In Age
- "I basically get stereotyped a lot in terms of being a girl and writing ‘chick’ music for teenage girls or something. I think, if anything, the press kind of, because of my gender and my age, tends to kind of relegate my work to this sort of special-interest group. It’s part of the cultural dynamic, I guess."― Ani DiFranco
- "I wanted to be a teacher. I love children, so I wanted to deal with children. Then I wanted to be a veterinarian. But by the age of ten or eleven, when I opened my mouth and said, ‘Oh, God, what’s this?’ I kind of knew teaching and being a veterinarian were gonna have to wait."― Whitney Houston
- "I am of a healthy long lived race, and our minds improve with age."― William Butler Yeats