More From A. N. Wilson
- "I do not find it easy to articulate thoughts about religion. I remain the sort of person who turns off ‘Thought for the Day’ when it comes on the radio."
- "Fear of death has never played a large part in my consciousness – perhaps unimaginative of me."
- "I am shy to admit that I have followed the advice given all those years ago by a wise archbishop to a bewildered young man: that moments of unbelief ‘don’t matter,’ that if you return to a practice of the faith, faith will return."
More In History
- "To be Jewish is to be specifically identified with a history. And if you’re not aware of that when you’re a child, the whole tradition is lost."― Joyce Carol Oates
- "If you want to study the social and political history of modern nations, study hell."― Thomas Merton
- "History is indeed little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind."― Edward Gibbon