More From A. J. Liebling
- "The function of the press in society is to inform, but its role in society is to make money."
- "Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one."
- "If the first requisite for writing well about food is a good appetite, the second is to put in your apprenticeship as a feeder when you have enough money to pay the check but not enough to produce indifference of the total."
More In Morning
- "Education is not the piling on of learning, information, data, facts, skills, or abilities – that’s training or instruction – but is rather making visible what is hidden as a seed."― Thomas Moore
- "It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."― Henry Ford
- "I’d skip school regularly to see movies – even in the morning, in the small Parisian theaters that opened early."― Francois Truffaut