More From A. Bartlett Giamatti
- "Teachers believe they have a gift for giving; it drives them with the same irrepressible drive that drives others to create a work of art or a market or a building."
- "Major sports are major parts of society. It’s not anomalous to have people who love sports come from other parts of that society."
- "There are many who lust for the simple answers of doctrine or decree. They are on the left and right. They are not confined to a single part of the society. They are terrorists of the mind."
More In Education
- "Fill you mind with the meaningless stimuli of a world preoccupied with meaningless things, and it will not be easy to feel peace in your heart."― Marianne Williamson
- "I’ve been in elementary education for years and my belief is that Christmas pageants in schools are little more than conditioning kids for the Christian religion."― Jack Bowman
- "Education remains the key to both economic and political empowerment."― Barbara Jordan