More From Yakov Smirnoff
- "We may have forgotten how to feel. Nobody is teaching us how to live happily ever after, as we’ve heard in fairy tales."
- "We have been learning since we were children how to make money, buy things, build things. The whole education system is set up to teach us how to think, not to feel."
- "My father described this tall lady who stands in the middle of the New York harbor, holding high a torch to welcome people seeking freedom in America. I instantly fell in love."
More In Women
- "Because I have work to care about, it is possible that I may be less difficult to get along with than other women when the double chins start to form."― Gloria Steinem
- "Women love always: when earth slips from them, they take refuge in heaven."― George Sand
- "A lesser complaint: hair extensions. There are moments on ‘All My Children’ when half the women actors, young and old, seem to be afflicted by android Barbie creep. All those thick swatches of lifeless strands clustering lankly round ladies’ necks! Like orange tanning spray, this is a fashion fad that should be put out of its misery."― Camille Paglia