More From Woodrow Wilson
- "We have not given science too big a place in our education, but we have made a perilous mistake in giving it too great a preponderance in method in every other branch of study."
- "Liberty has never come from Government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of it. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of governmental power, not the increase of it."
- "In the Lord’s Prayer, the first petition is for daily bread. No one can worship God or love his neighbor on an empty stomach."
More In Religion
- "The dissolution of the nation destroys the national religion, and dethrones the national deity."― William Robertson Smith
- "Religion is never the problem; it’s the people who use it to gain power."― Julian Casablancas
- "You might sooner get lightning out of incense smoke than true action or passion out of your modern English religion."― John Ruskin