More From Winston Churchill
- "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
- "I always seem to get inspiration and renewed vitality by contact with this great novel land of yours which sticks up out of the Atlantic."
- "It is a mistake to look too far ahead. Only one link of the chain of destiny can be handled at a time."
More In Best
- "In fact, the best thing we could do on taxes for all Americans is to simplify the individual tax code. This will be a tough job, but members of both parties have expressed an interest in doing this, and I am prepared to join them."― Barack Obama
- "We should often blush for our very best actions, if the world did but see all the motives upon which they were done."― Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- "The best kids are going to become the best. But the best thing about it is that you’re going to learn lessons in playing those sports about winning and losing and teamwork and teammates and arguments and everything else that are going to affect you positively for the rest of your life."― Carl Lewis