More From Winston Churchill
- "When I am abroad, I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the government of my own country. I make up for lost time when I come home."
- "For my part, I consider that it will be found much better by all parties to leave the past to history, especially as I propose to write that history myself."
- "Great and good are seldom the same man."
More In Best
- "The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up."― Mark Twain
- "Never comment on a woman’s rear end. Never use the words “large” or “size” with “rear end.” Never. Avoid the area altogether. Trust me."― Tim Allen
- "You should read history and look at ostracism, persecution, martyrdom, and that kind of thing. They always happen to the best men, you know."― George Eliot