More From Willie Mays
- "In 1950, when the Giants signed me, they gave me $15,000. I bought a 1950 Mercury. I couldn’t drive, but I had it in the parking lot there, and everybody that could drive would drive the car. So it was like a community thing."
- "When I was in Birmingham I used to go to a place called Redwood Field. I used to get there for a two o’clock game. Where can you make this kind of money playing sports? It was just a pleasure to go out and enjoy myself and get paid for it."
- "In order to excel, you must be completely dedicated to your chosen sport. You must also be prepared to work hard and be willing to accept constructive criticism. Without one-hundred percent dedication, you won’t be able to do this."
More In Business
- "I think the greater responsibility, in terms of morality, is where leadership begins."― Norman Lear
- "Right now I’m reading every fashion magazine I can find. As a shoe designer, I feel it’s my responsibility to learn as much as I can about the business, past and present."― Fergie
- "Probably a concern to either a major or minor degree with most actors if they’re really motivated to kind of make a significant difference in the business is the ‘pigeon-holing’ thing."― Dominic Monaghan