More From Willie Mays
- "In 1950, when the Giants signed me, they gave me $15,000. I bought a 1950 Mercury. I couldn’t drive, but I had it in the parking lot there, and everybody that could drive would drive the car. So it was like a community thing."
- "At ten I was playing against 18-year-old guys. At 15 I was playing professional ball with the Birmingham Black Barons, so I really came very quickly in all sports."
- "In order to excel, you must be completely dedicated to your chosen sport. You must also be prepared to work hard and be willing to accept constructive criticism. Without one-hundred percent dedication, you won’t be able to do this."
More In Business
- "You and I and everybody in show business and the entertainment industry fly by the seat of our pants. We don’t know quite what is going to happen."― William Shatner
- "I just feel energized when I am around young, talented people. There is something about these kids that’s amazing. I learn as much from them as they do from me."― Sally Struthers
- "Environmentalism opposes reckless innovation and makes conservation the central order of business."― Christopher Lasch