More From Willie Mays
- "When I was in Birmingham I used to go to a place called Redwood Field. I used to get there for a two o’clock game. Where can you make this kind of money playing sports? It was just a pleasure to go out and enjoy myself and get paid for it."
- "In order to excel, you must be completely dedicated to your chosen sport. You must also be prepared to work hard and be willing to accept constructive criticism. Without one-hundred percent dedication, you won’t be able to do this."
- "I was very fortunate to play sports. All the anger in me went out. I had to do what I had to do. If you stay angry all the time, then you really don’t have a good life."
More In Business
- "I find it rather easy to portray a businessman. Being bland, rather cruel and incompetent comes naturally to me."― John Cleese
- "My approach to cutting spending as president, is to do a ten percent across the board cut of all federal agencies, and then ask each of my new agency heads to find another ten percent by drilling down. That’s what you do in business to come up with approximately 20 percent cuts for the first fiscal year budget."― Herman Cain
- "I didn’t realize how hard it was to run a small business."― Andrew Mason