More From William Wordsworth
- "I listened, motionless and still; And, as I mounted up the hill, The music in my heart I bore, Long after it was heard no more."
- "With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony, and the deep power of joy, we see into the life of things."
- "Life is divided into three terms – that which was, which is, and which will be. Let us learn from the past to profit by the present, and from the present to live better in the future."
More In Poetry
- "I can find some way to make poetry out of my life’s experiences."― Shelby Lynne
- "I wrote things for the school’s newspaper, and – like all teenagers – I dabbled in poetry."― Stephen Colbert
- "Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion; it is not the expression of personality, but an escape from personality. But, of course, only those who have personality and emotions know what it means to want to escape from these things."― T. S. Eliot