More From William Scranton
- "I was scheduled to give my first official press conference that morning anyway, ’cause I was chairman of the Governors Energy Council and I was making a press conference with regard to energy policy."
- "By Thursday morning, we’d gotten over the worst of it."
- "The first one, obviously, was walking into my office at eight o’clock in the morning on Wednesday, and being told there was a telephone call saying that there was an incident at Three Mile Island, and that it had shut down and that beyond that we didn’t know."
More In Morning
- "When I first broke through, there was only NBC, CBS and ABC, and they had news in the morning and in the evening – there wasn’t no 24-hour news."― Dick Gregory
- "When traveling with someone, take large does of patience and tolerance with your morning coffee."― Helen Hayes
- "I m up at 5 in the morning and in bed by 10 in the evening."― DeForest Kelley