More From William Penn
- "The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves."
- "He who is taught to live upon little owes more to his father’s wisdom than he who has a great deal left him does to his father’s care."
- "True silence is the rest of the mind, and is to the spirit what sleep is to the body, nourishment and refreshment."
More In God
- "Even Kings and emperors with heaps of wealth and vast dominion cannot compare with an ant filled with the love of God."― Guru Nanak
- "I believe the Bible is the word of God from cover to cover."― Billy Sunday
- "He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."― Aeschylus