More From William Lyon Mackenzie King
- "Where there is little or no public opinion, there is likely to be bad government, which sooner or later becomes autocratic government."
- "Until the control of the issue of currency and credit is restored to government and recognized as its most conspicuous and sacred responsibility, all talks of the sovereignty of Parliament and of democracy is idle and futile."
- "If I am outspoken of the dangers of intemperance to members of our armed forces, it is because we are all especially concerned for the welfare of those who are risking their lives in the cause of freedom."
More In Attitude
- "My deepest impulses are optimistic, an attitude that seems to me as spiritually necessary and proper as it is intellectually suspect."― Ellen Willis
- "Hence, within the space of two generations there has been a complete revolution in the attitude of the trades-unions toward the women working in their trades."― Florence Kelley
- "I can’t believe the pro-choicers attitude toward unborn children-to me it’s the ultimate liberal cause, to defend those without a voice."― Michael Aston