More From William James
- "Our faith is faith in someone else’s faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case."
- "There must be something solemn, serious, and tender about any attitude which we denominate religious. If glad, it must not grin or snicker; if sad, it must not scream or curse."
- "The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes."
More In Life
- "Life is like a ten speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use."― Charles M. Schulz
- "Life is not a spectator sport. If you’re going to spend your whole life in the grandstand just watching what goes on, in my opinion you’re wasting your life."― Jackie Robinson
- "I really haven’t had that exciting of a life. There are a lot of things I wish I would have done, instead of just sitting around and complaining about having a boring life. So I pretty much like to make it up. I’d rather tell a story about somebody else."― Kurt Cobain