More From William James
- "The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated."
- "To study the abnormal is the best way of understanding the normal."
- "The god whom science recognizes must be a God of universal laws exclusively, a God who does a wholesale, not a retail business. He cannot accommodate his processes to the convenience of individuals."
More In Age
- "The sanitary and mechanical age we are now entering makes up for the mercy it grants to our sense of smell by the ferocity with which it assails our sense of hearing."― Havelock Ellis
- "Age is a terrible avenger. The lessons of life give you so much to work with, but by the time you’ve got all this great wisdom, you don’t get to be young anymore."― Elizabeth Wurtzel
- "Middle age went by while I was mourning for my lost youth."― Mason Cooley