More From William James
- "The aim of a college education is to teach you to know a good man when you see one."
- "Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing."
- "How to gain, how to keep, how to recover happiness is in fact for most men at all times the secret motive of all they do, and of all they are willing to endure."
More In Leadership
- "The people and the mindset that killed 3,000 of our fellow citizens on September 11 2001, would have killed not 3,000, but 300,000 if they could have or 3 million or 30 million. We need to do everything we can within our value systems and legal structures to make sure that doesn’t happen."― Tim Pawlenty
- "Don’t necessarily avoid sharp edges. Occasionally they are necessary to leadership."― Donald Rumsfeld
- "We need leadership. We don’t need a doubling down on the failed politics of the past."― Paul Ryan