More From William James
- "A chain is no stronger than its weakest link, and life is after all a chain."
- "The sway of alcohol over mankind is unquestionably due to its power to stimulate the mystical faculties of human nature, usually crushed to earth by the cold facts and dry criticisms of the sober hour."
- "It is well for the world that in most of us, by the age of thirty, the character has set like plaster, and will never soften again."
More In Leadership
- "The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living."― Marcus Tullius Cicero
- "I heard so many stories from Gaomi’s peasants that I had an irrepressible urge to write them down. Today, Gaomi’s peasants know that they have become famous around the world through my writings, but I think they are a little puzzled by this."― Mo Yan
- "I don’t care tuppence whether I’m forced into a leadership position or not. I’d much sooner not."― E. P. Thompson