More From William J. H. Boetcker
- "Your success depends mainly upon what you think of yourself and whether you believe in yourself."
- "Never mind what others do; do better than yourself, beat your own record from day to day, and you are a success."
- "That you may retain your self-respect, it is better to displease the people by doing what you know is right, than to temporarily please them by doing what you know is wrong."
More In Courage
- "There has to be this pioneer, the individual who has the courage, the ambition to overcome the obstacles that always develop when one tries to do something worthwhile, especially when it is new and different."― Alfred P. Sloan
- "We had no more courage than Harriet Tubman or Marcus Garvey had in their times. We just had a more vulnerable enemy."― Stokely Carmichael
- "Support the strong, give courage to the timid, remind the indifferent, and warn the opposed."― Whitney M. Young