More From William Irwin Thompson
- "The teacher of history’s work should be, ideally, not simply a description of past cultures, but a performance of the culture in which we live and are increasingly taking our being."
- "One way to find food for thought is to use the fork in the road, the bifurcation that marks the place of emergence in which a new line of development begins to branch off."
- "The conscious purpose of science is control of Nature; its unconscious effect is disruption and chaos."
More In Intelligence
- "Would it not be much better to have a president who deliberately lied to the people because he thought a war was essential than to have one who was so dumb as to be taken in by intelligence agencies, especially those who told him what he wanted to hear?"― Andrew Greeley
- "Could it be that all those reports coming from our own intelligence that Bush ignored was right all along? Could it be that the UN was right all along?"― Peter Schuyler
- "I have two main reasons for retiring. The first is I can no longer play at a level I was accustomed to in the past. That has been very, very frustrating to me throughout this past year. The second one is realizing my health, along with my family, is the most important thing in the world."― Mario Lemeiux