More From William Hazlitt
- "Poetry is the universal language which the heart holds with nature and itself. He who has a contempt for poetry, cannot have much respect for himself, or for anything else."
- "Even in the common affairs of life, in love, friendship, and marriage, how little security have we when we trust our happiness in the hands of others!"
- "Reflection makes men cowards."
More In Wisdom
- "There is a universal, intelligent, life force that exists within everyone and everything. It resides within each one of use as a deep wisdom, an inner knowing. We can access this wonderful source of knowledge and wisdom through our intuition, an inner sense that tells us what feels right and true for us at any given moment."― Shakti Gawain
- "Remembering is painful, it’s difficult, but it can be inspiring and it can give wisdom."― Paul Greengrass
- "I hate politics, hate deals, and deal-making, hate meeting with attorneys and agents."― Kathie Lee Gifford