More From William Hazlitt
- "Do not keep on with a mockery of friendship after the substance is gone – but part, while you can part friends. Bury the carcass of friendship: it is not worth embalming."
- "Life is the art of being well deceived; and in order that the deception may succeed it must be habitual and uninterrupted."
- "Those who are at war with others are not at peace with themselves."
More In Wisdom
- "What’s different now is that while political leaders used to give talking points to talk radio, now talk-radio hosts are giving talking points to political leaders. It’s all part of the suffocating spin cycle we’re in. In media, politics and publishing, the conventional wisdom is to play to this base."― John Avlon
- "I’ve always had a love of country music."― Kid Rock
- "The answer to old age is to keep one’s mind busy and to go on with one’s life as if it were interminable. I always admired Chekhov for building a new house when he was dying of tuberculosis."― Leon Edel