More From William Hazlitt
- "Anyone who has passed though the regular gradations of a classical education, and is not made a fool by it, may consider himself as having had a very narrow escape."
- "The world judge of men by their ability in their profession, and we judge of ourselves by the same test: for it is on that on which our success in life depends."
- "People of genius do not excel in any profession because they work in it, they work in it because they excel."
More In Intelligence
- "My parents are artists; in their world, in the world of modern artists, you are supposed to just go into your studio and tune everything out, and your entire relationship with your work is supposed to be a super private one. That was the way to do it and you weren’t deeply truly artistic if that wasn’t the way you were engaging the press."― Lena Dunham
- "Emotion is often what we rely upon to carry us across the unfathomable voids in our intelligence."― Bryant H. McGill
- "If you are going to have to play defense all the time, you cannot have the kind of ingenuity, assertiveness, independence, and intelligence which is what has made our country strong."― Arlen Specter