More From William Hazlitt
- "The humblest painter is a true scholar; and the best of scholars the scholar of nature."
- "We are very much what others think of us. The reception our observations meet with gives us courage to proceed, or damps our efforts."
- "To be capable of steady friendship or lasting love, are the two greatest proofs, not only of goodness of heart, but of strength of mind."
More In Beauty
- "Beauty ought to look a little surprised: it is the emotion that best suits her face. The beauty who does not look surprised, who accepts her position as her due – she reminds us too much of a prima donna."― E. M. Forster
- "The reason that the all-American boy prefers beauty to brains is that he can see better than he can think."― Farrah Fawcett
- "Well, you know, a lot of people look at the negative things, the things that they did wrong and – which I do. But I like to stress on the things I did right, because there are certain things that I like to look at from a positive standpoint that are just positive reinforcement."― Tiger Woods