More From William Hazlitt
- "Do not keep on with a mockery of friendship after the substance is gone – but part, while you can part friends. Bury the carcass of friendship: it is not worth embalming."
- "No man is truly great who is great only in his lifetime. The test of greatness is the page of history."
- "To think ill of mankind and not wish ill to them, is perhaps the highest wisdom and virtue."
More In Beauty
- "I’m only wanted by directors for the image I give off, and it makes me angry. I always wanted to be an actor and not a beauty pageant winner."― Jude Law
- "Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."― Anne Frank
- "The concept of active cooperation has taken the place of opposition to the new form of government and of dreamy resignation entranced with the beauty of times past."― Gustav Stresemann