More From William Hazlitt
- "A wise traveler never despises his own country."
- "The dupe of friendship, and the fool of love; have I not reason to hate and to despise myself? Indeed I do; and chiefly for not having hated and despised the world enough."
- "We do not see nature with our eyes, but with our understandings and our hearts."
More In Beauty
- "I really wanted there to be something in my life that I enjoy just for the beauty of it."― Robert Caro
- "There’s one more thing I want to say. It’s a touchy subject. Black beauty. Black sensuality. We live in a culture where the beauty of black people isn’t always as celebrated as other types. I’d like to help change that if I can!"― Jody Watley
- "Poetry lifts the veil from the hidden beauty of the world, and makes familiar objects be as if they were not familiar."― Percy Bysshe Shelley