More From William Hazlitt
- "The perfect joys of heaven do not satisfy the cravings of nature."
- "We are very much what others think of us. The reception our observations meet with gives us courage to proceed, or damps our efforts."
- "A nickname is the heaviest stone that the devil can throw at a man. It is a bugbear to the imagination, and, though we do not believe in it, it still haunts our apprehensions."
More In Change
- "Mitt Romney will stop the attacks on job creators, encourage entrepreneurs to chase their dreams, and bring good jobs and a better future to all Americans."― Marco Rubio
- "I suppose it’s amazing when you think how many things people get involved in that don’t work."― Tim Berners Lee
- "One reason we resist making deliberate choices is that choice equals change and most of us, feeling the world is unpredictable enough, try to minimise the trauma of change in our personal lives."― Hugh Mackay