More From William Hazlitt
- "I would like to spend the whole of my life traveling, if I could anywhere borrow another life to spend at home."
- "Even in the common affairs of life, in love, friendship, and marriage, how little security have we when we trust our happiness in the hands of others!"
- "Defoe says that there were a hundred thousand country fellows in his time ready to fight to the death against popery, without knowing whether popery was a man or a horse."
More In Change
- "Washington is still very much a male-oriented culture. Being from Los Angeles, I think it is less so there – there is less attachment to tradition, perhaps, there is more flexibility, more acceptance of change generally. That is partly because of Hollywood."― Dee Dee Myers
- "Integrity is not a conditional word. It doesn’t blow in the wind or change with the weather. It is your inner image of yourself, and if you look in there and see a man who won’t cheat, then you know he never will."― John D. MacDonald
- "Walmart is an amazing story of entrepreneurship and, as one of the world’s most powerful brands, touches millions of lives every day."― Marissa Mayer