More From William Hazlitt
- "The most insignificant people are the most apt to sneer at others. They are safe from reprisals. And have no hope of rising in their own self esteem but by lowering their neighbors."
- "The humblest painter is a true scholar; and the best of scholars the scholar of nature."
- "Hope is the best possession. None are completely wretched but those who are without hope. Few are reduced so low as that."
More In Change
- "Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can’t ride you unless your back is bent."― Martin Luther King, Jr.
- "You can change friends but not neighbours."― Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- "A sense of blessedness comes from a change of heart, not from more blessings."― Mason Cooley