More From William Gurnall
- "We have peace with God as soon as we believe, but not always with ourselves. The pardon may be past the prince’s hand and seal, and yet not put into the prisoner’s hand."
- "Godliness, as well as the doctrine of our faith, is a mystery."
- "Justifying faith is not a naked assent to the truths of the gospel."
More In Strength
- "The superior man is the providence of the inferior. He is eyes for the blind, strength for the weak, and a shield for the defenseless. He stands erect by bending above the fallen. He rises by lifting others."― Robert Green Ingersoll
- "He’s an innocent in a lot of ways. He’s a very simple person who really doesn’t have the resources or the strength, ultimately, to handle the situation."― Jared Leto
- "I worshipped dead men for their strength, forgetting I was strong."― Vita Sackville-West