More From William Graham Sumner
- "Men never cling to their dreams with such tenacity as at the moment when they are losing faith in them, and know it, but do not dare yet to confess it to themselves."
- "The waste of capital, in proportion to the total capital, in this country between 1800 and 1850, in the attempts which were made to establish means of communication and transportation, was enormous."
- "The forgotten man… He works, he votes, generally he prays, but his chief business in life is to pay."
More In Fitness
- "My priority is to turn people – especially kids – on to sports and being active so they don’t even have to think about it being good for their health. If people participate for the fun of it, and believe me – it is fun, then fitness programs will be much more successful."― Alan Thicke
- "There’s so many things I want to do. I want to work with great filmmakers, great actors, great scripts. And there’s no reason for me to do anything short of that, because I’m 24, I don’t have a family, I don’t need to make tons of money, and I’m not dying to get famous."― Tobey Maguire
- "Quit worrying about your health. It will go away."― Robert Orben