More From William Blake
- "Art is the tree of life. Science is the tree of death."
- "I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create."
- "Poetry fettered, fetters the human race. Nations are destroyed or flourish in proportion as their poetry, painting, and music are destroyed or flourish."
More In Experience
- "Existence itself does not feel horrible; it feels like an ecstasy, rather, which we have only to be still to experience."― John Updike
- "At the beginning it wasn’t to do with the work, it was more the experience."― Charlotte Gainsbourg
- "Refusal to believe until proof is given is a rational position; denial of all outside of our own limited experience is absurd."― Annie Besant