More From William Blake
- "What is a wife and what is a harlot? What is a church and what is a theatre? are they two and not one? Can they exist separate? Are not religion and politics the same thing? Brotherhood is religion. O demonstrations of reason dividing families in cruelty and pride!"
- "What is grand is necessarily obscure to weak men. That which can be made explicit to the idiot is not worth my care."
- "The weak in courage is strong in cunning."
More In Art
- "A verbal art like poetry is reflective; it stops to think. Music is immediate, it goes on to become."― W. H. Auden
- "Everything a writer learns about the art or craft of fiction takes just a little away from his need or desire to write at all. In the end he knows all the tricks and has nothing to say."― Raymond Chandler
- "Your talent is your art. It is not to be taken for granted."― Paula Abdul