More From William Blake
- "Opposition is true friendship."
- "I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create."
- "To the eyes of a miser a guinea is more beautiful than the sun, and a bag worn with the use of money has more beautiful proportions than a vine filled with grapes."
More In Art
- "People of art should never get married and have children, because it’s a selfish experience."― Mikhail Baryshnikov
- "She had lost the art of conversation but not, unfortunately, the power of speech."― George Bernard Shaw
- "I have no fear of making changes, destroying the image, etc., because the painting has a life of its own."― Jackson Pollock