More From William Bartram
- "Animal substance seems to be the first food of all birds, even the granivorous tribes."
- "My progress was rendered delightful by the sylvan elegance of the groves, chearful meadows, and high distant forests, which in grand order presented themselves to view."
- "On the recollection of so many and great favours and blessings, I now, with a high sense of gratitude, presume to offer up my sincere thanks to the Almighty, the Creator and Preserver."
More In Strength
- "The best translations cannot convey to us the strength and exquisite delicacy of thought in its native garb, and he to whom such books are shut flounders about in outer darkness."― Edwin Booth
- "To be loved is a strength. To love is a weakness."― Zsa Zsa Gabor
- "My husband has quite simply been my strength and stay all these years, and I owe him a debt greater than he would ever claim."― Elizabeth II