More From William Bartram
- "Having contemplated this admirable grove, I proceeded towards the shrubberies on the banks of the river, and though it was now late in December, the aromatic groves appeared in full bloom."
- "The attention of a traveller, should be particularly turned, in the first place, to the various works of Nature, to mark the distinctions of the climates he may explore, and to offer such useful observations on the different productions as may occur."
- "Animal substance seems to be the first food of all birds, even the granivorous tribes."
More In Strength
- "For example, the Prime Minister earlier this year talked about the importance of the Arctic to our future. He’s right. A hundred years from now, the strength of Canada is going to be coming from our resources in the Arctic."― Brian Mulroney
- "Then when I went to Iraq and saw the strength and character the men and women in our military service exhibit every day and their belief in what they’re doing, I knew I wanted to get that on film and share it with everyone. They are my inspiration."― Joe Nichols
- "We all have enough strength to endure the misfortunes of others."― Francois de La Rochefoucauld