More From William Arthur Ward
- "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
- "A warm smile is the universal language of kindness."
- "Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you."
More In Happiness
- "One mustn’t ask apple trees for oranges, France for sun, women for love, life for happiness."― Gustave Flaubert
- "For happiness one needs security, but joy can spring like a flower even from the cliffs of despair."― Anne Morrow Lindbergh
- "Completeness? Happiness? These words don’t come close to describing my emotions. There truly is nothing I can say to capture what motherhood means to me, particularly given my medical history."― Anita Baker