More From William Ames
- "The goodness of a thing created is the perfection of its fitness for the use which it serves. Now that use is either particular or universal."
- "Therefore, the church is not absolutely necessary as an object of faith, not even for us today, for then Abraham and the other prophets would not have given assent to those things which were revealed to them from God without any intervening help of the church."
- "Everyone who understands the nature of God rightly necessarily knows that God is to be believed and hoped in, that he is to be loved and called upon, and to be heard in all things."
More In Religion
- "If you grow up in a very strong religion like Catholicism you certainly cultivate in yourself a certain taste for the intensity of ideas."― Brian Eno
- "There should be a readiness, on our part, to investigate with candor to follow the truth wherever it may lead us, and to submit, without reserve or objection, to all the teachings of this religion, if it be found to be of divine origin."― Simon Greenleaf
- "Go beyond science, into the region of metaphysics. Real religion is beyond argument. It can only be lived both inwardly and outwardly."― Swami Sivananda