More From Will Durant
- "Tired mothers find that spanking takes less time than reasoning and penetrates sooner to the seat of the memory."
- "Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance."
- "To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves. Nothing is often a good thing to say, and always a clever thing to say."
More In Government
- "Laws too gentle are seldom obeyed; too severe, seldom executed."― Benjamin Franklin
- "If everybody in this town connected with politics had to leave town because of chasing women and drinking, you would have no government."― Barry Goldwater
- "You can’t have it both ways. You can’t tell me that you’re taxed enough already, and that you want constitutional government and then in the next breath say, ‘Bring me home some bacon.’ The pig has been picked clean."― Rand Paul