More From Washington Irving
- "Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart."
- "There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love."
- "Acting provides the fulfillment of never being fulfilled. You’re never as good as you’d like to be. So there’s always something to hope for."
More In War
- "Emancipation came to the colored race in America as a war measure. It was an act of military necessity. Manifestly it would have come without war, in the slower process of humanitarian reform and social enlightenment."― Wendell Willkie
- "War is over if you want it."― Yoko Ono
- "Think of what happened after 9/11, the minute before there was any assessment, there was glee in the administration because now we can invade Iraq, and so the war drums beat."― Ron Paul