More From Walter Scott
- "He is the best sailor who can steer within fewest points of the wind, and exact a motive power out of the greatest obstacles."
- "All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education."
- "Teach you children poetry; it opens the mind, lends grace to wisdom and makes the heroic virtues hereditary."
More In Attitude
- "I feel like I have as good a shot as anybody out there and I have gotten close in the past, so why not have the attitude that I can come out and play great tennis and maybe even win this tournament."― Michael Chang
- "If you want to use a cliche you must take full responsibility for it yourself and not try to fob it off on anon., or on society."― Lewis Thomas
- "When I was in my 20s it did occur to me that there was something perverted about an attitude that thought that killing somebody was a minor offence compared to kissing somebody."― John McGahern