More From Walter Scott
- "The race of mankind would perish did they cease to aid each other. We cannot exist without mutual help. All therefore that need aid have a right to ask it from their fellow-men; and no one who has the power of granting can refuse it without guilt."
- "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name."
- "Teach you children poetry; it opens the mind, lends grace to wisdom and makes the heroic virtues hereditary."
More In Attitude
- "The attitude of physiological psychology to sensations and feelings, considered as psychical elements, is, naturally, the attitude of psychology at large."― Wilhelm Wundt
- "My mother, she had a very good attitude toward money. I’m very grateful for the fact that we had to learn to save. I used to get like 50 pence a week, and I’d save it for like five months. And then I’d spend it on Christmas presents. I’d save up like eight pounds. It’s nothing, but we did that."― Gemma Arterton
- "Militant feminists are pro-choice because it’s their ultimate avenue of power over men. And believe me, to them it is a question of power. It is their attempt to impose their will on the rest of society, particularly on men."― Rush Limbaugh