More From Walter Lippmann
- "The private citizen, beset by partisan appeals for the loan of his Public Opinion, will soon see, perhaps, that these appeals are not a compliment to his intelligence, but an imposition on his good nature and an insult to his sense of evidence."
- "The simple opposition between the people and big business has disappeared because the people themselves have become so deeply involved in big business."
- "Success makes men rigid and they tend to exalt stability over all the other virtues; tired of the effort of willing they become fanatics about conservatism."
More In Society
- "Deep down, the US, with its space, its technological refinement, its bluff good conscience, even in those spaces which it opens up for simulation, is the only remaining primitive society."― Jean Baudrillard
- "Man is the animal that intends to shoot himself out into interplanetary space, after having given up on the problem of an efficient way to get himself five miles to work and back each day."― Bill Vaughan
- "I suppose I’m intrigued with the bad traits of society, because I’m a part of society, and the bad traits pose the dangerous questions for our future."― Jude Law