More From Walter Lippmann
- "It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf."
- "Private property was the original source of freedom. It still is its main ballpark."
- "The private citizen, beset by partisan appeals for the loan of his Public Opinion, will soon see, perhaps, that these appeals are not a compliment to his intelligence, but an imposition on his good nature and an insult to his sense of evidence."
More In Society
- "Do not waste your time on Social Questions. What is the matter with the poor is Poverty; what is the matter with the rich is Uselessness."― George Bernard Shaw
- "My definition of a decent society is one that first of all takes care of its losers, and protects its weak."― John le Carre
- "The sinews of art and literature, like those of war, are money."― Samuel Butler