More From Walter Lippmann
- "In a free society the state does not administer the affairs of men. It administers justice among men who conduct their own affairs."
- "The genius of a good leader is to leave behind him a situation which common sense, without the grace of genius, can deal with successfully."
- "Success makes men rigid and they tend to exalt stability over all the other virtues; tired of the effort of willing they become fanatics about conservatism."
More In Society
- "No emancipation without that of society."― Theodor Adorno
- "In every interview I have ever read or seen or taken part in, the final question in our future-oriented society is always, What next?"― Jessica Savitch
- "Our notion of the perfect society embraces the family as its center and ornament, and this paradise is not secure until children appear to animate and complete the picture."― Amos Bronson Alcott