More From Walter Gilbert
- "Science doesn’t in the slightest depend on trust. It depends completely on the belief that you can demonstrate something for yourself."
- "The virtues of science are skepticism and independence of thought."
- "Scientists tend to be skeptical, but the weakness of the community of science is that it tends to move into preformed establishment modes that say this is the only way of doing science, the only valid view."
More In Work
- "People get up, they go to work, they have their lives, but you’ll never see the headlines say, ‘Six billion people got along rather well today.’ You’ll have the headline about the 30 people who shot each other."― John Malkovich
- "Hard work – I mean, does anybody use that term anymore? Laziness doesn’t fly. It’s all in the practice. It does take work and it ain’t easy – but man, the rewards!"― Susan Powter
- "I wouldn’t say anything I ever did in film would be something I’d use the word proud about. I’ve done better work in the theater."― John Malkovich