More From Walter Gilbert
- "The virtues of science are skepticism and independence of thought."
- "Scientists tend to be skeptical, but the weakness of the community of science is that it tends to move into preformed establishment modes that say this is the only way of doing science, the only valid view."
- "Science doesn’t in the slightest depend on trust. It depends completely on the belief that you can demonstrate something for yourself."
More In Work
- "Sampling is kind of prehistoric, given the technology and the textures you can create."― Macklemore
- "We’ve got gays working there. If they can demonstrate long-term relationships, we make same-sex benefits available just as we do with common-law marriages. Gays are productive people. Some fly airplanes, some work in breweries."― Pete Coors
- "Take off your bedroom slippers. Put on your marching shoes,” he said, his voice rising as applause and cheers mounted. “Shake it off. Stop complainin’. Stop grumblin’. Stop cryin’. We are going to press on. We have work to do."― Barack Obama