More From Wallace Stevens
- "To regard the imagination as metaphysics is to think of it as part of life, and to think of it as part of life is to realize the extent of artifice. We live in the mind."
- "Most people read poetry listening for echoes because the echoes are familiar to them. They wade through it the way a boy wades through water, feeling with his toes for the bottom: The echoes are the bottom."
- "Perhaps the truth depends on a walk around the lake."
More In Beauty
- "I would like to say to people, open your eyes and find beauty where you normally don’t expect it."― Jean Paul Gaultier
- "I felt Joyce was an influence on my fiction, but in a very general way, as a kind of inspiration and a model for the beauty of language."― Don DeLillo
- "Truth is a deep kindness that teaches us to be content in our everyday life and share with the people the same happiness."― Khalil Gibran