More From W. Somerset Maugham
- "Money is the string with which a sardonic destiny directs the motions of its puppets."
- "There are two good things in life – freedom of thought and freedom of action."
- "Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all."
More In Humor
- "I liked the humor of it, I’ve always enjoyed a sense of humor in God and in religion and in spirituality."― Amber Tamblyn
- "A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge."― Thomas Carlyle
- "If this humor be the safety of our race, then it is due largely to the infusion into the American people of the Irish brain."― William Howard Taft