More From W. Somerset Maugham
- "Marriage is a very good thing, but I think it’s a mistake to make a habit out of it."
- "In Hollywood, the women are all peaches. It makes one long for an apple occasionally."
- "It is not wealth one asks for, but just enough to preserve one’s dignity, to work unhampered, to be generous, frank and independent."
More In Freedom
- "Your expectations opens or closes the doors of your supply, If you expect grand things, and work honestly for them, they will come to you, your supply will correspond with your expectation."― Orison Swett Marden
- "The United States is a giant island of freedom, achievement, wealth and prosperity in a world hostile to our values."― Phyllis Schlafly
- "We must plan for freedom, and not only for security, if for no other reason than that only freedom can make security secure."― Karl Popper