More From W. Somerset Maugham
- "Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all."
- "When you choose your friends, don’t be short-changed by choosing personality over character."
- "Money is like a sixth sense without which you cannot make a complete use of the other five."
More In Freedom
- "What we have at present is a system of loss socialism. Whatever goes wrong is shouldered by the general public and anything that works is privatised. Worshippers of market freedom have suspended the most important economic principle: Risk and liability go hand in hand."― Sigmar Gabriel
- "I started skydiving because I loved the idea of freedom."― Felix Baumgartner
- "Success makes you less intimidated by things."― Nate Silver