More From W. Somerset Maugham
- "Let us develop the resources of our land, call forth its powers, build up its institutions, promote all its great interests, and see whether we also, in our day and generation, may not perform something worthy to be remembered."
- "Money is like a sixth sense without which you cannot make a complete use of the other five."
- "If you don’t change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
More In Anger
- "Never contend with a man who has nothing to lose."― Baltasar Gracian
- "When you really deep down look at it, we go to bed every night, get up every morning, stay here for 70 or 80 years, and then we die."― Lee Trevino
- "He that would be angry and sin not, must not be angry with anything but sin."― John Ruskin