More From W. Somerset Maugham
- "It is not true that suffering ennobles the character; happiness does that sometimes, but suffering for the most part, makes men petty and vindictive."
- "The artist produces for the liberation of his soul. It is his nature to create as it is the nature of water to run down the hill."
- "In Hollywood, the women are all peaches. It makes one long for an apple occasionally."
More In Anger
- "My anger with the US was not at first, that they had used that weapon – although that anger came later."― Wilfred Burchett
- "We are losing sight of civility in government and politics. Debate and dialogue is taking a back seat to the politics of destruction and anger and control. Dogma has replaced thoughtful discussion between people of differing views."― James McGreevey
- "I may have been the only candidate in America who failed to ride the wave of anti-establishment anger to victory."― Mickey Kaus