More From W. Somerset Maugham
- "The common idea that success spoils people by making them vain, egotistic and self-complacent is erroneous; on the contrary it makes them, for the most part, humble, tolerant and kind."
- "It’s a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it."
- "The love that lasts longest is the love that is never returned."
More In Poetry
- "For me concrete poetry was a particular way of using language which came out of a particular feeling, and I don’t have control over whether this feeling is in me or not."― Ian Hamilton Finlay
- "My mother carried on and supported us; her ambition had been to write poetry and songs."― Philip Levine
- "Rap is rhythm and poetry. Hip-hop is storytelling and poetry as well."― Ajay Naidu