More From W. Somerset Maugham
- "When you choose your friends, don’t be short-changed by choosing personality over character."
- "What makes old age hard to bear is not the failing of one’s faculties, mental and physical, but the burden of one’s memories."
- "In Hollywood, the women are all peaches. It makes one long for an apple occasionally."
More In Good
- "An affair now and then is good for a marriage. It adds spice, stops it from getting boring… I ought to know."― Bette Davis
- "How true Daddy’s words were when he said: all children must look after their own upbringing. Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands."― Anne Frank
- "A man is called selfish not for pursuing his own good, but for neglecting his neighbor’s."― Richard Whately