More From W. H. Auden
- "‘Healing,’ Papa would tell me, ‘is not a science, but the intuitive art of wooing nature.’"
- "No good opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible."
- "I’ll love you, dear, I’ll love you till China and Africa meet and the river jumps over the mountain and the salmon sing in the street."
More In Art
- "Art does not reproduce what we see; rather, it makes us see."― Paul Klee
- "I am quite certain in my heart of hearts that modern music and modern art is not a conspiracy, but is a form of truth and integrity for those who practise it honestly, decently and with all their being."― Michael Tippett
- "Good-looking individuals are treated better than homely ones in virtually every social situation, from dating to trial by jury."― Martha Beck