More From W. H. Auden
- "Health is the state about which medicine has nothing to say."
- "May it not be that, just as we have to have faith in Him, God has to have faith in us and, considering the history of the human race so far, may it not be that “faith” is even more difficult for Him than it is for us?"
- "Art is born of humiliation."
More In Art
- "Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it."― C. S. Lewis
- "Literature is the art of discovering something extraordinary about ordinary people, and saying with ordinary words something extraordinary."― Boris Pasternak
- "Surely all art is the result of one’s having been in danger, of having gone through an experience all the way to the end, where no one can go any further."― Rainer Maria Rilke