More From W. H. Auden
- "Like everything which is not the involuntary result of fleeting emotion but the creation of time and will, any marriage, happy or unhappy, is infinitely more interesting than any romance, however passionate."
- "Art is born of humiliation."
- "A verbal art like poetry is reflective; it stops to think. Music is immediate, it goes on to become."
More In Art
- "I grew up when I was 15 when I had my first opportunity in movies. I watched every great movie for a year and a half, and since then I’ve asked myself how I can emulate such artistry. That’s really my motivation. I want to do something as good as my heroes have done."― Leonardo DiCaprio
- "Nothing so conclusively proves a man’s ability to lead others as what he does from day to day to lead himself."― Thomas J. Watson
- "The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work."― Emile Zola