More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "An American, a Negro… two souls, two thoughts, two unreconciled strivings; two warring ideals in one dark body, whose dogged strength alone keeps it from being torn asunder."
- "But what of black women?… I most sincerely doubt if any other race of women could have brought its fineness up through so devilish a fire."
- "Education is that whole system of human training within and without the school house walls, which molds and develops men."
More In Power
- "He enjoys much who is thankful for little."― Thomas Secker
- "When I was growing up, I thought I’d be a lot happier if I was famous and successful and if I had money."― Russell Brand
- "Sometimes, getting up in the morning and brishing your teath is the hardest part of the day – it all just hurts."― Tom Brady