More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "An American, a Negro… two souls, two thoughts, two unreconciled strivings; two warring ideals in one dark body, whose dogged strength alone keeps it from being torn asunder."
- "But what of black women?… I most sincerely doubt if any other race of women could have brought its fineness up through so devilish a fire."
- "Education is that whole system of human training within and without the school house walls, which molds and develops men."
More In Power
- "Here at this site, Solyndra expects to make enough solar panels each year to generate 500 megawatts of electricity. And over the lifetime of this expanded facility, that could be like replacing as many as eight coal-fired power plants."― Barack Obama
- "Patience is the most necessary quality for business, many a man would rather you heard his story than grant his request."― Lord Chesterfield
- "It is the sincerest thing I have written, caught by the drama of a soul struggling in the contrary toils of love and religion – death brought them into harmony."― Laurence Housman