More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills."
- "An American, a Negro… two souls, two thoughts, two unreconciled strivings; two warring ideals in one dark body, whose dogged strength alone keeps it from being torn asunder."
- "Education is that whole system of human training within and without the school house walls, which molds and develops men."
More In Women
- "Women want mediocre men, and men are working to be as mediocre as possible."― Margaret Mead
- "Somebody asked me earlier if I thought it was really important to tell stories about women’s struggles. And I said yes, but at the same time, it’s also important to tell stories about women’s triumphs, women being slackers, women being criminals, women being heroes."― Diablo Cody
- "I am a soul. I know well that what I shall render up to the grave is not myself. That which is myself will go elsewhere. Earth, thou art not my abyss!"― Victor Hugo