More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "Education is that whole system of human training within and without the school house walls, which molds and develops men."
- "An American, a Negro… two souls, two thoughts, two unreconciled strivings; two warring ideals in one dark body, whose dogged strength alone keeps it from being torn asunder."
- "A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills."
More In Women
- "You can’t raise the standard of women’s morals by raising their pay envelope. It lies deeper than that."― Billy Sunday
- "Women want love to be a novel, men a short story."― Daphne du Maurier
- "Girls are infinitely more complicated than boys and women more than men. And there’s no doubt about that. We just don’t like to think about it. Certainly the men don’t like to think about it."― Maurice Sendak