More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "Education is that whole system of human training within and without the school house walls, which molds and develops men."
- "A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills."
- "Children learn more from what you are than what you teach. (W.E.B DuBois)"
More In Women
- "Men are allowed to have passion and commitment for their work… a woman is allowed that feeling for a man, but not her work."― Barbra Streisand
- "I do want people to know that the songs that I wrote when I was with women were really about women. And the songs that I’ve written since have been fairly obvious about men."― George Michael
- "I am the woman I grew to be partly in spite of my mother, and partly because of the extraordinary love of her best friends, and my own best friends’ mothers, and from surrogates, many of whom were not women at all but gay men. I have loved them my entire life, even after their passing."― Anne Lamott