More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "The power of the ballot we need in sheer defense, else what shall save us from a second slavery?"
- "One ever feels his twoness – an American, a Negro; two souls, two thoughts, two unreconciled strivings; two warring ideals in one dark body, whose dogged strength alone keeps it from being torn asunder."
- "A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills."
More In Strength
- "The bravest sight in the world is to see a great man struggling against adversity."― Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- "Dependency is death to initiative, to risk-taking and opportunity. It’s time to stop the spread of government dependency and fight it like the poison it is."― Mitt Romney
- "I know now what this meant, that the bison were the gift of a good spirit and were our strength, but we should lose them, and from the same good spirit we must find another strength."― Black Elk