More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "Education is that whole system of human training within and without the school house walls, which molds and develops men."
- "A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills."
- "Children learn more from what you are than what you teach. (W.E.B DuBois)"
More In Strength
- "Our strength is not just in the size of our defense budget, but in the size of our hearts, in the size of our gratitude for their sacrifice. And that’s not just measured in words or gestures."― Jennifer M. Granholm
- "Took us a great amount of strength to get them into the world, and for them to be in the world. I think that their little spirits, you know, just said, well, we’re going to be there. So it makes it very special because of it."― Cheryl Tiegs
- "I think I was born strong-willed. That’s not the kind of thing you can learn. The advantage is, you stick to what you believe in and rarely get pushed out of what you want to do."― Joan Jett