More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "Education is that whole system of human training within and without the school house walls, which molds and develops men."
- "A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills."
- "One ever feels his twoness – an American, a Negro; two souls, two thoughts, two unreconciled strivings; two warring ideals in one dark body, whose dogged strength alone keeps it from being torn asunder."
More In Strength
- "The mark of a truly civilized man is confidence in the strength and security derived from the inquiring mind."― Felix Frankfurter
- "It was important on The Shipping News to have my house far enough away from each location so I had this time in the morning to think about my shots and still remain open to surprises once I got to the set."― Lasse Hallstrom
- "The strength of criticism lies in the weakness of the thing criticized."― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow