More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "Children learn more from what you are than what you teach. (W.E.B DuBois)"
- "The power of the ballot we need in sheer defense, else what shall save us from a second slavery?"
- "A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills."
More In Strength
- "An organization which claims to be working for the needs of a community – as SNCC does – must work to provide that community with a position of strength from which to make its voice heard. This is the significance of black power beyond the slogan."― Stokely Carmichael
- "I love to sing and I do think that my strength as a singer is… I think I have a voice that is certainly sufficient under most any circumstances… but I think my strength is that I really am an actor and I really do have to own what I am saying."― Gregory Harrison
- "The grandeur and strength or our people and democracy are as big as a forest."― Chen Shui-bian