More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "Children learn more from what you are than what you teach. (W.E.B DuBois)"
- "The power of the ballot we need in sheer defense, else what shall save us from a second slavery?"
- "A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills."
More In Strength
- "And partly, the worst thing you could do in my family was need something from someone. So physical strength represented an avenue of self-sufficiency to me."― Alison Bechdel
- "Senator Douglas was very small, not over four and a half feet height, and there was a noticeable disproportion between the long trunk of his body and his short legs. His chest was broad and indicated great strength of lungs."― Henry Villard
- "The overall strength of Chinese culture and its international influence is not commensurate with China’s international status. The international culture of the West is strong while we are weak."― Hu Jintao