More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "An American, a Negro… two souls, two thoughts, two unreconciled strivings; two warring ideals in one dark body, whose dogged strength alone keeps it from being torn asunder."
- "But what of black women?… I most sincerely doubt if any other race of women could have brought its fineness up through so devilish a fire."
- "Children learn more from what you are than what you teach. (W.E.B DuBois)"
More In Work
- "Well, just being stupid and politically incorrect doesn’t work. You can be politically incorrect if you’re smart."― Mel Brooks
- "We can’t all work in the inner city. And, I don’t even think that it is incumbent upon an African-American intellectual to be concerned in their work with problems of race and class. It’s just one of the things, that we here at the DuBois Institute, are concerned about."― Henry Louis Gates
- "I work differently than most people."― Billy Corgan