More From Voltaire
- "What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other’s folly – that is the first law of nature."
- "We must cultivate our own garden. When man was put in the garden of Eden he was put there so that he should work, which proves that man was not born to rest."
- "One great use of words is to hide our thoughts."
More In Power
- "Swift speedy time, feathered with flying hours, Dissolves the beauty of the fairest brow."― Lord Chesterfield
- "Protect IP (PIPA) and the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) are a step towards a different kind of Internet. They are a step towards an Internet in which those with money and lawyers and access to power have a greater voice than those who don’t."― Ron Wyden
- "Just as Pollock used the drip to meld process and product, Richter ‘found’ and used the smudge and the blur to ravish the eye, creating works of psychic and physical power."― Jerry Saltz