More From Voltaire
- "Tears are the silent language of grief."
- "The little may contrast with the great, in painting, but cannot be said to be contrary to it. Oppositions of colors contrast; but there are also colors contrary to each other, that is, which produce an ill effect because they shock the eye when brought very near it."
- "The truths of religion are never so well understood as by those who have lost the power of reason."
More In Power
- "The only power deserving the name is that of masses, and of governments while they make themselves the organ of the tendencies and instincts of masses."― John Stuart Mill
- "If you want to be loved, be lovable."― Ovid
- "All gods are homemade, and it is we who pull their strings, and so, give them the power to pull ours."― Aldous Huxley