More From Voltaire
- "It is lamentable, that to be a good patriot one must become the enemy of the rest of mankind."
- "The flowery style is not unsuitable to public speeches or addresses, which amount only to compliment. The lighter beauties are in their place when there is nothing more solid to say; but the flowery style ought to be banished from a pleading, a sermon, or a didactic work."
- "Love has features which pierce all hearts, he wears a bandage which conceals the faults of those beloved. He has wings, he comes quickly and flies away the same."
More In Power
- "Talent, lying in the understanding, is often inherited; genius, being the action of reason or imagination, rarely or never."― Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- "If people in the media cannot decide whether they are in the business of reporting news or manufacturing propaganda, it is all the more important that the public understand that difference, and choose their news sources accordingly."― Thomas Sowell
- "Technology gives us power, but it does not and cannot tell us how to use that power. Thanks to technology, we can instantly communicate across the world, but it still doesn’t help us know what to say."― Jonathan Sacks