More From Voltaire
- "The infinitely little have a pride infinitely great."
- "Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her: but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game."
- "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: “O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.” And God granted it."
More In War
- "It is our duty still to endeavor to avoid war; but if it shall actually take place, no matter by whom brought on, we must defend ourselves. If our house be on fire, without inquiring whether it was fired from within or without, we must try to extinguish it."― Thomas Jefferson
- "War is over if you want it."― Yoko Ono
- "When the war of the giants is over the wars of the pygmies will begin."― Winston Churchill