More From Voltaire
- "Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by imagination."
- "Superstition is to religion what astrology is to astronomy the mad daughter of a wise mother. These daughters have too long dominated the earth."
- "The safest course is to do nothing against one’s conscience. With this secret, we can enjoy life and have no fear from death."
More In Best
- "It’s a really cool time for artists who want to strive for a little more depth in what they want to say to come forward. We live in a very fast world right now. We’ve got all this media and music which is so accessible to us, it’s here one minute gone the next."― Kimbra
- "The humblest painter is a true scholar; and the best of scholars the scholar of nature."― William Hazlitt
- "In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing."― Theodore Roosevelt