More From Voltaire
- "In this country it is a good thing to kill an admiral from time to time to encourage the others."
- "The little may contrast with the great, in painting, but cannot be said to be contrary to it. Oppositions of colors contrast; but there are also colors contrary to each other, that is, which produce an ill effect because they shock the eye when brought very near it."
- "To the living we owe respect, but to the dead we owe only the truth."
More In Best
- "The best books for a man are not always those which the wise recommend, but often those which meet the peculiar wants, the natural thirst of his mind, and therefore awaken interest and rivet thought."― William Ellery Channing
- "Employees are a company’s greatest asset – they’re your competitive advantage. You want to attract and retain the best; provide them with encouragement, stimulus, and make them feel that they are an integral part of the company’s mission."― Anne M. Mulcahy
- "Bob summed it up best when he was on his knees at the end of the night saying, ‘Don’t trust in Guided By Voices.’ You were there; was the show awful or something? I know it was sloppy, but they’re not really that tight anyway, but was it embarrassing, was it sad?"― Kim Deal