More From Voltaire
- "Tears are the silent language of grief."
- "The flowery style is not unsuitable to public speeches or addresses, which amount only to compliment. The lighter beauties are in their place when there is nothing more solid to say; but the flowery style ought to be banished from a pleading, a sermon, or a didactic work."
- "The little may contrast with the great, in painting, but cannot be said to be contrary to it. Oppositions of colors contrast; but there are also colors contrary to each other, that is, which produce an ill effect because they shock the eye when brought very near it."
More In Society
- "That person has to be accountable for himself. I think that’s what we have to do in society today is to be accountable for yourself. I think we have the tendency to always want to live someone else’s life."― Herschel Walker
- "Progress is measured by the degree of differentiation within a society."― Herbert Read
- "Working with big actors and realising that they were just normal people who’ve got an incredible talent was just a great experience."― Tom Felton